Interestingly, I found out that the calcium which doctors instruct women to take is over-rated, and actually enables formation of some kinds of gallstones. So, I reduced my calcium intake — and instead increased my magnesium and phosphorous intake — as doctors don't seem to know the correct ratio of calcium to other important minerals. Apparently, MDs are not taught about nutrition, so I located a Naturopathic Doctor and Functional Medicine Doctor to support my health goals. Natural practitioners are better able to advise and recommend, if you are hesitant to just jump into a cleanse without support of some kind. They learn about the value of proper nutrition as medicine. Hippocrates said, "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" and doctors take that saying seriously, if they have integrity. I can personally attest to the trueness of that statement.
Some people are confused, not knowing kidney stones are different from gallstones. Kidney stones form in the kidneys and gallstones form in the gallbladder. If you have a cramping pain or ache-iness in the stomach area, I would venture to guess that your gallbladder is calling for help. If you have pain or ache-iness in the waist level of your back (on one or each side of the spine), I would guess that it is your kidney (or kidneys) calling for wellness. I haven't experienced kidney stones. According to friends who have experienced kidney stones, releasing them produces extremely sharp pain, without some herbal help. I understand from the book (below) that kidney stones will dissolve over time by drinking an herbal tea mix. That is a painless way to get rid of kidney stones.
Variations of these tea mixes can be purchased on the internet, or maybe visit a drug store that sells real herbal health remedies in your area. For liver and gallbladder, I bought an herbal tea mix (it is different from the kidney herbal tea mix). If you have a gallbladder problem, then you could take the liver/gallbladder tea mix every day — even after you have removed the gallstones — to increase your bile production. Gallstones in the liver and gallbladder can inhibit the production of bile significantly. Once you release the gallstones, your gallbladder will have room to produce healthy amounts of bile again.
The kidney tea mix is quite pleasant, and not nearly as bitter as the liver/gallbladder tea mix, but I drank either one without a sweetener. In fact, sweetener is not recommended, as it will change the pH value that your organs need in order to support your healing process. Yes, you could also drink both teas — just not together at the same time. It is wonderful and comforting to know that herbal remedies do indeed work together in the body, in that they don’t interact badly with each other. On the other hand, drugs do interact badly because they aren’t natural. I have learned that the body doesn’t know what to do with drugs because they aren’t real food. (Neither is much of our food real, but that’s another story entirely.)
Please bear in mind I am not a doctor. I learned about the castor oil/lemon juice cleanse from a healer in Saskatoon, SK back in the ‘80s — and I tried to remember what I did back then — to treat myself this year. I did correctly recall what I did and treated myself effectively. The one thing I did differently from the first cleanse is I used olive oil instead of castor oil this time. Also, now I would recommend that you eat as much organic food as is possible for several months before performing the cleanse.
I’ve been eating organically since 2013. I realize it is more difficult to obtain organic food in certain areas of the country than others. But, it is very important to clean up the dietary toxins before performing the gallbladder flush. Also, increase your water consumption. Drink up to two quarts (8 cups) of clean, pure water per day.
I would suggest you buy the book called The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse by Andreas Moritz. The author reveals many valuable resources including where to buy teas and herbs. I am confident you will heal your body without drugs or surgeries by following the instructions in the book. The author goes to great lengths to explain how and why it works. That book will answer most if not all of your questions.
After at least two years of organic eating, this is what I did:
- Buy six 1-quart (32 oz) containers of pure organic apple juice without sweeteners or other additives (like citric acid).
- 4 tablespoons of Sea Salt dissolved in three 3-oz glasses of clean drinking water
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) of organic virgin olive oil
- 2/3 glass of fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
- 2 pint jars, one with a lid.
Advance PreparationDrink 32 oz of apple juice daily for a period of six days. You may drink more than that if it feels comfortable to do so. The malic acid in the apple juice softens the gallstones and makes their passage through the bile ducts smooth and easy. During the six days of drinking juice, eat moderately, but do not overeat. Avoid processed foods, breads, and grains. Eat more salads and soups.
Make sure to cleanse your colon before and after you do a liver/gallbladder flush. Please ask around and find a reputable colonics professional to aid you in your cleanse. Admittedly, in 1988 I didn't use one. Not everyone books appointments with a colonics professional, but I believe my results were better by using one. About two or more weeks ahead, book two colonics appointments. Let the colonics professional know that you are planning to perform a liver/gallbladder flush and they will help you figure out when to book, according to your schedule. You can even do this cleanse over a weekend. You might choose to take off a Friday holiday for your first colonics during the day, which begins your cleanse process.
First StepEarlier in the day, start the cleanse by having a colonics treatment. Here is a video example of what happens during a colonics treatment. It's the one I watched before deciding to give it a try.
|This is my favorite kind of juicer|
The Actual Cleanse Begins that Same Evening
- Add 4 tablespoons of sea salt to a total of 24 ounces (three 8-oz. glasses) of filtered water in a jar. This makes four 6-oz servings.
- Drink your first portion (3/4 glass) now
- Drink your second serving (3/4 glass) of sea salt
- If you have not had a bowel movement until now and have not done a colon cleanse within the past 24 hours, take a water enema. This will trigger a series of bowel movements.
- Thoroughly wash the lemons, squeeze them by hand, and remove the pulp. You will need ¾ glass of juice (about six lemons, depending on size).
- Pour the lemon juice and ½ glass of olive oil into the pint jar. Close the jar tightly and shake hard, until the solution is mixed. Ideally drink this mixture at 10:00 p.m., but if you feel you still need to visit the bathroom a few more times, you may delay this step for up to 10 minutes.
- Heat up a heating pad to lie on your liver/gallbladder area when you lie down, after drinking the oil/lemon concoction.
- Stand next to your bed (do not sit down) and drink the concoction, if possible, without interruption. I gulp it down in one go. Do not take longer than five minutes, unless you are elderly or weak.
- Lie down immediately, on your right side with your knees pulled toward your head and lie still for at least 20 minutes, with heated pad on your liver/gallbladder area. Some people also place an olive oil or castor oil pack directly on the liver/gallbladder area. if you do, but be sure to protect the heating pad from the oil using a plastic bag between the two.
The Next Morning
- Upon awakening but not before 6:00 a.m., drink your third 3/4 glass of sea salt. If you feel thirsty, drink some warm water before the sea salt drink. Rest, read or meditate, but stay upright.
- Drink your fourth and last 3/4 glass of sea salt and water.
At some point in the morning, you will have a strong urge to have a bowel movement. This is when the bulk of your gallstones will pass. You will see them floating in the toilet. They can be all sizes from pinhead to quarter size. They will appear in shades of green, brown, and black. I even passed some beige round ones that looked like chickpeas, which the Naturopathic Doctor suggested might be from being unable to digest starch. The stones will pass painlessly because the juice and olive oil ingested over the past days will soften them. I have now gone through a successful purge/cleanse on two separate occasions, without any problems.
- Later this same day, visit your colonics professional and have a second treatment. The second colonics treatment will produce a release of more gallstones. You will be able to watch them come out through the tube, if you are curious. I wanted to be fully engaged and learn as much as I could from the process.
Interestingly, I learned there are metaphysical reasons for the development of gallstones in the body. You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay is a basic and simple resource if you are interested in understanding emotional reasons for illness. Unresolved bitterness and harsh thinking are a couple of possible reasons to which I can relate. I am aware now of the obvious causes and effects of the strict and unrelenting rules of family religion, which I left in the year 2000. I am consciously working on resolving any issues, as they arise.
Performing a liver/gallbladder flush will result in an amazing boost to your wellness. It is similar to getting an oil and filter change in your car. I know I’m not the only person who has gone through a liver/gallbladder flush. Feel free to keep in touch if you want. I’d love to know your story.
Visit "Phoenix of Faith" to learn more about the author's memoir. Follow on Twitter: s_a_t_i_n_k_a Copyright © 2015. Permission is granted to copy and re-distribute this transmission on the condition that it is distributed freely.